The Most Common Social Media Issues
Social media is not all fun and excitement with friends. Are you looking for a reputable social media marketing and advertising agency in Malaysia for your brand? Before finalizing a deal with seasoned professionals, below are some of the things you should know. Here are some of the most common problems you might encounter as you implement your strategy.
- Fake news. There are tons of fake news websites which are promoting links on social media in order to gain more traffic.
- Security/Privacy. Make sure to protect yourself from hackers. Several platforms are still getting hacked once in a while despite having good security measures. Some of them fail to offer privacy options that people need to keep their details private.
- Spam. There are plenty of spammers on social media, both bots and real people. They bombard many people with their content.
- Cyberstalking/Cyberbullying. Teenagers and children are completely susceptible to cyberstalking and cyberbullying since they take more risks when it comes to social media posting.
- Self-image manipulation. What people post about themselves on social platforms only represent a small fraction of who they are in real life. They have 100% control over the things that they would broadcast which, at times, pushes them to manipulate their very own self-image.
What is the future of social media?
The future of social media is hard to predict, but if there are two things that can be said about it, it’s the fact that it will be more personalized, and less noisy. More and more information will be filtered, and that oversharing wouldn’t be a big problem anymore.
Several social media platforms such as Snapchat will be at the forefront of the social revolution.